Having fibromyalgia comes with a lot of muscle pain, stiffness, and sometimes even sleeping trouble. Even though the cause is still unknown, significant research has been done to find different treatment options that may ease the pain of fibromyalgia patients. Studies have found that people suffering from fibromyalgia can benefit from eating a certain diet when used along with treatment given at Chronicillness.co Site can help to reduce symptoms and bring relief.
- Drink plenty of water: 6-8 glasses are recommended.
- Omega-3: Foods like nuts and fish have anti-inflammatory effects on the body.
- Magnesium: Most people, especially people who suffer from fibromyalgia, are deficient in magnesium. Magnesium deficiencies have very similar symptoms to that of fibromyalgia. Dark leafy greens, nuts like cashews and almonds, and soybeans are all good sources of magnesium.
- Lean protein: Lean proteins have less saturated fat than red meats, so eating foods like fish or chicken helps fibromyalgia patients maintain a healthy weight.
- Fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are full of antioxidants and vitamins promoting nervous system health. Your diet should include plenty of leafy greens like kale or spinach and fruits of all colors.
- Sugar and caffeine: Even though fibromyalgia may cause fatigue, it is important to stay away from sugar and caffeine. Caffeine only gives a small boost and is usually followed by a longer period of fatigue. In addition, it interferes with getting restful sleep at night, something patients may already struggle with.
- Food allergens: Get tested for allergies to find out what other foods you may be sensitive to.
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG). According to an article by Everyday Health, MSG, which is an additive found in prepackaged foods, is full of salts that can cause some patients to have increased pain and swelling.
- Exercise: Exercising while in pain may seem like a bad idea, but studies have shown that non-intensive exercise, such as swimming, walking, or stretching helps to loosen muscles and reduce stiffness. As an added bonus, regular exercise helps patients sleep better at night.
- Weight Watching: A sedentary lifestyle due to pain and even medication can contribute to obesity among fibromyalgia patients. With regular exercise and a good diet, those suffering from fibromyalgia can have a healthy, happy lifestyle.
Be sure to consult with your doctor before adding to your diet, because some foods may interfere with how your body absorbs certain types of medications.
Fibro Women Blogs
Chronic Woman Blogs
Chronic Illness Blogs
Official Fibromyalgia Blogs