Yup, I’m coming out today! Not about my sexuality, but my health. I want to tell everyone that….. I have a chronic illness. I have Fibromyalgia.
Maybe you’re thinking, “yeah- ok, so do I –welcome to the club”; or maybe you’re thinking “what in the heck is Fibromyalgia?”. Well, for me to come out and say this -is a very big deal. Especially since I was diagnosed in 2014 (Four years ago!). I have pretty much been in denial for a few years. I had decided that I wasn’t going to let it affect my life and my goals, until it did, and I had no control over it.
- The most important one is that by talking about my illness publicly, I have to admit it and accept it.
- I also hope that it will give me some accountability in taking care of myself instead of putting my needs on the back burner. I’m sure a lot of us moms tend to do this.
- Another reason for this blog is to share my experiences to help others and so that others can maybe help me. There are so many wonderful strong women (and men) out there living with Fibro and still kicking the world’s butt; I want to be one of them. I figure what better way to become successful at something than by learning from the others that already walked down that road.
- Lastly and honestly, I plan for my blog to bring in an income so that eventually I do not have to work my “day job” anymore. However, I’m not counting on this and would only be a perk and a way to manage my illness more easily.
- I am married (19 years) with 3 children ages 22, 16 and 9. I work full-time and am working on my BA online part-time. Until recently, I have been juggling all these and my illness fairly well.
- For the last 8 months I have been in the worst flare I have ever experienced and have been unable to work or attend school. Let me tell you, it has been a huge “wake-up call”. I am realizing how I need to stop ignoring my Fibro and embrace it, so I can manage it.
- The hope is to have posts that any working mom can relate to, but especially those with challenges like physical and emotional disabilities. So there should be something here to relate to for the working mom, student and wife.
I am going to go celebrate launching my site and my first blog post now! I look forward to hearing from you and learning from you! Please feel free to follow me on social media for a daily dose of motivation and positivity. Talk to you soon!
Fibro Women Blogs
Chronic Woman Blogs
Chronic Illness Blogs
Official Fibromyalgia Blogs